Tuesday 13 August 2013

August Book Haul: Kindle Edition | A Little Bit of Literature

I recently had a little spend up on Amazon, filled my kindle with some goodies to read over the coming months. I've been neglecting my kindle recently, and thought some new books would be just what I needed to help me get more use out of it.  I picked up 5 new books, starting with one from the Bloodlines series. 

Bloodlines: The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead, £4.99 (link)
Bloodlines: The Indigo Spell is the third book in the Bloodlines series which is a spin off from the Vampire Academy saga. It follows Sydney, an Alchemist, along her journey with her supposed enemy vampire friends. It seems that the series is getting better as it develops more, so I have high hopes for this and the next one to follow. 

With All My Soul by Rachel Vincent, £4.50 (link)
image source
With All My Soul is, what I believe, to be the last book in the Soul Screamers series. The series follows Banshees (something I have never read to much about) and brings in the myths of the Grimm Reaper, demons and even more mythical/magical creatures.  I've adored all the other books in this series, even if they aren't great works of literature, and am looking forward to seeing how it ends.

An Abundance of Katherines by John Green,  £4.99 (link)
image source
An Abundance of Katherines is just one the novel from YouTube Vlog Brother John Green. I'm pretty sure you've all heard of him, so I don't need to go on. I got this after reading The Fault in Our Stars, and falling in love with the writing. I'm hoping this is filled with brilliant words, teenagers beyond their years and the essence of John Green's authorship. 

Warm Bodies by Issac Marion, £5.22  (link)
image source
I picked up Warm Bodies because of the movie. I saw the film when it hit cinemas earlier this year, and while it wasn't the best thing ever it wasn't the worst. I know some people have slammed it, but the story had real potential. Often things in the movies are just wrongly translated from the book, or not translated at all. So, I picked up the book hoping it could offer me more insight into the characters and the plot. I'll be sure to post a review when I've finished reading it. 


Die For Me by Amy Plum, £3.99  (link) 
image source
I was recommend Die For Me ages ago when I was looking for something to read. At the time I ended up picking something else up, but when I saw this on the Amazon website I snapped it up. The title intrigued me, and the cover art looked nice. I did two things I should probably never do when looking for books but lets all hope its not a terrible read and I at least somewhat enjoy it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment